Today we’re super excited to announce STR Shipping, a fully integrated postage/shipping label solution! With STR Shipping you’ll be able to buy and print shipping labels directly from STR.
UPDATE: we’ve introduced a new shipping plan that is cheaper around the board! Head on over to the announcement post for more information.
We think you’re going to love the convenience of having everything in one place, rather than scattered across various subscription services around the web. But convenience aside, for most people it will be cheaper than your current shipping solution! For others it might be a more expensive (by just a few percent), but with all of the benefits listed below. Take a look at the pricing calculator below to see how much you could save by using STR Shipping.
What you get
STR Shipping comes with the following convenient features:
- Tracking codes (including email notifications to your customers)
- Bulk download/print
- Free reprints (anything else would be ludicrous)
- Compatibilty with Dymo thermal printers (support for regular inkjet/laser printers and Zebra thermal printers is coming soon!)
- Tracking code views for customers
We offer USPS Commercial Plus pricing (same as what is offered by ShippingEasy, etc.). We’re also competitive on the base monthly fee, which starts at just $25.
UPDATE: We’ve recently introduced a new “Pay per label” plan that is cheaper than our monthly plans described here. Please head on over to the announcement post for more details.
|Number of packages||STR Shipping monthly price|
|Up to 100||$25|
|Up to 200||$50|
|Up to 300||$75|
|Up to 400||$99|
If you fall into one of the brackets with a higher monthly fee than your current provider, just remember that the base monthly fee is generally a small percent of your total monthly shipping costs. If STR Shipping is more expensive for you, it will only be by a couple of percent, in which case you need to make the business decision of whether or not it’s worth the convenience of having it all in one place. Give the calculator below a whirl to see the exact percent. Also remember that if it’s higher it wouldn’t actually be a dollar-for-dollar increase since it’s a business expense that would count towards your cost of goods sold.
And don’t worry, you can always start at a lower tier and then bump yourself up to the next tier if you end up sending more packages than you expected.
As you can see, at the cheapest tier our monthly fee is a few bucks cheaper than ShippingEasy. Combine that with the cheaper per-label fee and there’s a very good chance that you could save some money by using STR Shipping. Check out the pricing calculator below to see how much you might save.
“What’s the catch?”, you ask? How could we possibly be undercutting the big, established shipping providers? We know it’s easy to feel suspicious when something seems to be priced a little too low. There are two things that allow us to do this:
- Shipping is not our core business. We’re willing to just barely break even or even lose a bit of money on shipping labels since it’s really cheap (or free) marketing for our web site.
- We serve a narrower market segment than the big providers. We’ve crunched the numbers based on historical sales data through our site and have optimized our pricing tiers to best serve the vast majority of our customers. The big providers have to service a wider variety of customers, and the end result is that most LuLaRoe consultants (who tend to do just a few hundred shipments per month) are actually subsidizing the higher-volume customers with other providers.
That’s it for now. Happy shipping!